Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Beautiful Bench

The story of a bench..
That was found on Craig's List...
That once was in a little house in Waukesha
That once was in an old building in downtown Milwaukee
That now sits in our apartment.

Not sure of the exact history--but I like to think of the people that might have
sat on in--what they might have been waiting for--
And now, this bench will be in the foyer of our new home
Who will sit and wait on this bench? What will they be waiting for?

Here are the photos:
When the bench came to live with us. So pretty--but needed a bit of love..
 
In all her glory--a bit of sanding, a bit of priming, 3 coats of paint...


a bit of poly....and we are in lurve with it!  So much so that we brought it
up into the apartment (OK, we needed room in the garage for my next round of painting...)

More to come on those pieces in a bit.

Not too many new posts until after Labor Day--I have a two "get aways" planned
and a new house that needs some bedrooms painted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your opinions and ideas...and I will respond back as I am able! Come back again soon!