Thursday, August 16, 2012

Chalkboards and Paint and Lamps

Apologies for not posting since--well, 10 days ago!
Dirty Butter has been busy...
Here are some of my latest designs:

Old cabinet door turned to chalk board!  The red was a bit too vibrant,
so I took a bit of stain and gave it a nice "patina".
Burlap and Ribbon bows were fun to make and look so cute!

Here are the trio of chalkboards that I did.
Getting a straight line for the chalk board paint and the border was really difficult,
so I hot glued some trim in between. Makes it so "fancy"
Again, the patina on the blue makes me swoon....

This is a habitat $4 lamp given new life (and a $12 shade).
A bit of spray paint and drum shade shopping, and look what we have!
I can't wait to put this in my new family room!


Bench in process--a coat of primer--just waiting for the nice black paint to be applied.
Be patient, little bench, be patient.  Saturday is the day!

Let me know what you think about the chalk boards--they really do "work" with chalk.
Cute in an entry way, kitchen or mudroom--especially with a few hooks on them for keys??  Where's the drill...

Love ya!

1 comment:

  1. The chalkboards are adorable. Cute when you have friends over and you can display what's on the menu.

    So glad you are going with black on the bench. It will look so sharp when it's done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your opinions and ideas...and I will respond back as I am able! Come back again soon!