Monday, July 30, 2012

The Evolution of a Dresser--

My first project--and I have to say, it turned out GREAT.  Lots of sanding and staining, and patience, as the weather hasn't been the best. 
Giving old things new life!
The Craig's List FIND--love everything about this one.

The top-well, it needed some TLC...so....

With my 3M sander--I was able to sand off all the water marks, and some of whatever this lovely stain was.  After about 2 hours of sanding, I decided it was "character"!

After sanding, 2 coats of walnut stain-gel (love that--no dripping!)...and 2 coats of poly clear coat (rubbed on with a cotton cloth).....and a bit of spray paint to freshen up the handles.  So pretty!  So sturdy--should stand up to a teen aged boy, don't you think?  And that stubborn stain?  Can't even see it!

Coming soon---the desk from the Habitat Restore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your opinions and ideas...and I will respond back as I am able! Come back again soon!